Re: getty hanging up line

Hi Steve,

Steve Ingram wrote:

> I have tried ttyS1 as well with no success.  -h tells my getty not to
> hangup the line (according to man page).  Is there somewhere I can find
> out (it's not in the getty man page) what the exit status 0 means for
> getty?

Exit status zero means it terminated normally (well thats the standard).
Have you checked the syslog (/var/log/messages) for anything from getty?
You might also want to up the syslog logging level so that you can see
what getty is doing.

You might also like to try getting the incoming data connection working
without Hylafax in the way. If nothing else it is a great learning
experience :-). Checkout the Serial-HOWTO.

Damian

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.   *
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia     *
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344       *
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228  *

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions