Re: cannot send faxes, receive OK

Hi Steven,

At 06:25 PM 10/30/98 -0500, Steven A . DuChene wrote:
>Downloaded 4.0pl2 binary version of HylaFAX for HP-UX 10.20
>and I am attempting to set it up on a K460 running 10.20
>with a US Robotics Sportster 33600/Fax V1.1

Make sure you have got the latest release from:
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/networking/fax/hylafax/binary/

>As I said in the title of this message I can receive a fax
>just fine but when I try to send a fax I get a remote hang up
>during the handshake part of the connection. I get the following
>response in E-mail after session:
>
>Your facsimile job to 81755 was not sent because:
>    Unspecified Transmit Phase B error

This is a common problem with the Sportster.

Basically first try adding to the modems config file:
Class2NRCmd:            AT+FNR=1,1,1,0  # setup status reporting  command

There are further details here: http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/usr.php

Good Luck - Robert

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions