Re: Working version of Hylafax ???

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Werner M. Mayer wrote:

> Hi there, Hylafax experts!
>
> After only seeing problems over problems that Hylafax DOESN'T work, I'd
> like
> to know if someone on this list can tell me if there is an up and
> running
> version of Hylafax, with the following preferred configuration:

Yes.

> - Pentium (or other x86-based processor)

Yes.

> - Linux Redhat 5.0+

Yes.

> - german or english language

English, the documentation and fax cover page are in English although
the cover page can be changed.

> - any type of standard faxmodem class 1, 2 or 2.0

Yes.

> - A4-size page (but any page size will do)

Read The Fine Manual Page on the "config" file.

> - sending, receiving, viewing and printing fax does work

Yes.

> - Networked version is preferred, but not a must

Yes.

> What I need:
> - detailed configuration hints for a beginner (Hylafax-FAQ is available)

www.hylafax.org
www.vix.com/hylafax
cirl.meei.harvard.edy/hylafax (for Linux specific notes, patches, and
	configuration files)
ftp://ftp.tpc.int/pub/hylafax (for Linux RPM binaries and source)

>   if there is something outstanding special to take notice of
> - detailed configuration of Hylafax, if not mentioned in the FAQ or
> README

See above.

> - detailed configuration of the x86-based Server/Client (IP-Adressing,
> config

See above.

>   file names and contents, locations of relevant files, etc.)
> - hylafax source code as *.tgz, if not original distribution, and any
> other
>   neccessary source or script code
> - what ever else I forgot to mention

Note that the source RPM at ftp://tpc.int/pub/hylafax does not include a
"config.loca" file. My web site has one.

> In the meantime, if I don't get a usable answer by end of next week,
> I'll try to configure EFAX to suite my needs, because I'll soon run out
> of paper on my paper fax machine :(
>
> Bye, Werner.

Let us know if this works for you.

			Nico Kadel-Garcia