Re: hylafax submission via ftp

At 08:17 30/10/98 +1000, Troy Smith <troy@one.com.au> wrote directly to me:

>[snip]
>I have looked without success for a step thru guide to submitting fax
>jobs via the Hylafax FTP facility on port 4559. Do you have or can you
>point me in the direction of any information on this scarcely
>documented facility.
>[snip]

Unfortunately Sam never got round to codifying the protocol in a RFC.
( Chance for someone to gain some kudos...). But you can either :-

(1) Try hylafax commands with the '-v' or '-vv' switch to see the
    verbose output, and so work out what's going on.

(2) Look thro' the sources of Andy Moskoff's tkhylafax client or
    Jeremy Lublin's Khylafax client and see how they do it.

HTH

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.