AW: Hylafax and Word with telephonnumbers?

Hello !

We had a similar Problem. We are submitting large numbers of jobs per
day using MS Word for the generation. For logistical and performace
reasons we
found another way:

You have:

Microsoft Word
a TIFF-Printer-Drive which generates the right format
Hylafax installed and running
a shared directory on the Hylafax-machine

Now you print from word every single faxdocument to a file using a
VBA-Macro
The same macro generates a file called "job.fg" containing something
like this:

#!/bin/sh
sendfax <your options> -d '<numer2call>' <filename>
sendfax <your options> -d '<numer2call>' <filename>
sendfax <your options> -d '<numer2call>' <filename>

After you have generated you outgoing faxes, you can do a chmod 755 and
start the job.fg on the
shell. This works pretty good for more than 6000 faxes/day !

This will work also for 1 fax, but it´s a littlebit complicated.

Using this method you have the following advantages:

+ Capability to resume after Windoze crashes (this never happens ;-)
+ Generate on multiple machines at the same time
+ Capability to resend faxes which could not be delivered (the tiffs are
still there!)
+ look to the tiffs in order to control generation errors from MS Word
(this too never happens!-)

- large amount of disk space is required
- executing the job.fq must be done by hand or crontab
- maintenance of the files (deleting tiffs&job.fq´s)
- hylafax get´s slower with every fax you submit to the queue (that does
matter if you want to send
more than 1000...)

So, maybe this is a intresting implementation method for you. We had no
good experiences using
the postscript output. But we are still looking for a printer driver
which generates low resolution
faxes at a good quality.

If you want more information contact me directly, much of the things are
offtopic (VBA-programming ...).

Best Regards,

Christoph Stotz
logo: GmbH

PS: 70000 faxes delivered since today ;-)