Re: Error: /undefined in 8,27

> Your facsimile job to 078094 was not sent because document conversion
> to facsimile failed.  The output from the converter program was:
>
> Error: /undefined in 8,27

> %!PS-Adobe-3.0
> %%Creator: HylaFAX TextFmt Class

> /PageWidth 8,27 def
> /PageHeight 11,69 def

see man locale.

You have European style decimal points, whereas, like most programming
languages, Postscript requires US/UK ones (.s).  Generally setting a
default locale can be dangerous as a lot of software assumes normal
C language rules (C locale).  However, it ought to be possible for Hylafax
to force itself back into the C locale.

Incidentally we only started getting locale problems when we went to
v5.0.x of SCO, although this might reflect a change in the install procedure
which makes setting a locale more likely.

Also, most COFF programs on v5.0.x generate error messages when run with
the GB locale.  I seem to remember that this includes some ones actually
supplied as part of the OS.  Programs which rely on sorts being in internal
code (loosely called ASCII) order will break for non C locales.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions