Re: modem wedged

Joel B. Stalder wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Francesc Guasch wrote:
>
> > I installed flexflax at home easy, no problems.
> > Then I tried in the office , but I get errors :
> > I got the binary version pl1-1 for linux.
> >
> > When I try to send a fax I check the logs and see :
> >
> > Can not initializa modem
> > modem appears to be wedged
> >
> > I've searched the faq and I found nothing.
> > The modem is a USRobotics flash external.
> > There is a ppp connection sometimes in this modem
> > that gets mails with fetchmail, but it shouldn't
> > be a problem.
> > Did I miss something obvious ?
>
> Perhaps, perhaps not. In my experience, this is usually due to a
> misconfiguration with the hardware settings for the modem. Try using
> minicom, or some other communication program, to ensure that you are able
> to communicate with the device.

The modem is being used for retrieving mail from
an internet account using fetchmail, and I've used minicom
to test it before.

Anyway I tried yesterday to install a new version on ppp
using pppsetup and it failed. It just said the chat script
failed. I didn't find out what went wrong so I switched back
to my older ppp. I wonder if there is something wrong with
the ttyS1. Remember is an external modem.

--
 ^-^_-----\             mailto:frankie@etsetb.upc.es
 o o       )            http://www.etsetb.upc.es/~frankie

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions