Re: USR Sportster (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:41:56 -0600 (CST)
From: System Administrator <admin@nodo.interlink.com.ni>
To: TTSG <ttsg@ttsg.com>
Subject: Re: flexfax: USR Sportster

> > i have Hylafax 4.0pl2 / BSDI 2.1
> > When i run faxaddmodem:
> >
> > Probing for  best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
> > cat: /dev/ttyA12:Resource temporaly unavailable
> > kill: (PID) - No such pid

> 	Is this on a Digiboard or something?  My main serial is
> tty00.  Is there an entry marked "on" in /etc/ttys? If so, turn it off.
> (Upgrade to 4.0 from 2.1? 8-) )

Thanks to all peoples that had been helping me.

Now, i have a new situation, look at this :)

I configured my modem to Class 2.0, with AT+FNR to try to send a fax.
But now that i did it, the sendfax application isn't run, i mean,
my fax server aparently is running ok with fax on tty00, i have running
as following:

/etc/ttys  ===>  tty00 "/usr/local/faxgetty /dev/tty00" dialup off
hfaxd -i 4559
faxq -m tty00

When i try to send a fax manually:
/usr/local/bin/sendfax -d 2653107 doc8.ps,  it still with nothing to do,
and sendfax command doesn't finish, and this is their behavior until i
finish it manually with CTRL+C.

[Its correct to say that i turned ON in /etc/ttys, but it still doesn't work]

Please, anyone can help me with this??

Thanx to all again.
Best Regards

Iris Silva