Re: Can't locate termios.h

Hello again,
Problem resolved, and 2nd patch (below) enabled a successful build. Closer
examination of the configure script and its output (config.log) indicated
something amiss with /usr/include/asm files. As expected, this dir was a
symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/asm, but the latter was EMPTY; by
removing it and then symlinking /usr/src/linux/include/asm-i386 to it, a
negotiable path was formed.

I've come across this problem with Slackware distributions before (thus
endorsing Hegel's comment that the only thing we learn from history is
that we don't learn from history - duhhhh...), but I thought I had to fix
it before I could build a kernel on those occasions.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

Mark Wilson
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, P. Kay Associates wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> > Trying to build hylafax4.0pl2 using ecgs 2.90.29 on linux 2.0.34
> > (Slackware distribution), I found that I could persuade configure to
> > complete by using --target=i586-unknown-linux, but make failed with errors
> > similar to others described on this list. I tried to apply a gcc2.8 patch
> > I found at elgro (respect yr. contributions), without success; some hunks
> > failed. I then tried a patch with similar purpose at Nico Kadel-Garcia's
> > site, which succeeded when I removed the self-execution bit at the top.
> > But...
> > configure now quits saying it can't locate termios.h or sys/termios.h
>
> HMMMM!!! I've been playing with RedHat, as has Darren who wrote the
> ftp://ftp.tpc.int/pub/hylafax RPM. I'd suggest using the source RPM
> from him for starters.
>
> Darren? That RPM could use a config.local set to the same values as the
> binary distribution, near as I could tell the other day.
>
> The configure script was a masterpiece written mostly by Sam Leffler
> at SGI, designed to sort out all sorts of things like include
> locations, etc.  I think you'll need to examine the configure script
> itself and see what the heck is going on there.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions