Re: Starting faxgetty on RH?

In message <36144A83.CE33E481@northtech.net>, Ted Sudtell writes:
>Those using redhat, how are you starting faxgetty?  I put it in init.rc
>at the bottom and it would not boot.  After many tries with a rescue
>disk, I let it sit overnight, could log in the next am to fix it.  SO,
>just a little shy.

Add the following line to /etc/inittab:

S0:12345:respawn:/usr/sbin/faxgetty cua0

where you replace 'cua0' with your modem device.

Then do:

init q

to get init to re-read its config file. In /var/log/messages you should see:

Oct  2 13:38:09 hewes init: Re-reading inittab

and like magic, you should have a faxgetty running.

-D

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions