Re: DID Numbers

We've solved this problem, but it may not be useful for most people.  We
have a direct TCP/IP connection to our phone switch. When we receive a
call, we then retrieve the number that was sent to the trunk that
delivered the call.  This can then be used to match up a fax with a given
DID number.  Unfortunately, this solution requires that you have an
extremely cooperative telecom vendor (those of you in NYC, feel free to
call me ;)

While this solution is nice, it is not particularly portable and does
sufffer from a few edge condition problems.  We're thinking about another
solutiong which implements DTMF on the phone switch itself, where it is
programmed to send the DID trunk after the remote hook picks up, and then
allowing Hylafax to retrieve those numbers.  This requires less
cooperation by your telecom vendor, just having them send the appropriate
digits after the wink and line pickup, and a compatible modem.

Details after we get this feature implemented.

David.

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Ashley Drees wrote:

> I too have an interest in this matter, any further developments?
>
> Ashley Drees

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions