Re: How to handle MIME attachment

> the document out?  For instance, someone on PC might type in a word
> document and mail it to the faxserver for faxing.  The document will be
> MIME encoded in the mail message.  How can hylafax decode it and convert it
> to PS or TIFF before faxing?

> Sandie

The short answer is, it doesn't. Hylafax only knows how to work with a few
attachment types by default.

It is supposed to be able to take any type of MIME attachment that can be
converted to PS by a script, but I have never been able to make any of
these scripts work with Hylafax, although they do work from the command
line.

I posted a mail to this list about this very question and did not receive
a single response.

As far as Word documents are concerned, you may want to try a program
called mswordview, which runs on unix and uses perl. It only works on
Word-8 ('97) documents but it is fairly complete.

Hope it helps, --Aaron

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions