Inbound data call failing

To the list:

 I'm looking to share a modem(s) between fax and data.  I've installed
the binary distribution of HylaFAX V4.0 pl2 on an SCO OpenServer
5.0.4c system.  The outbound faxing works fine; however, whenever I
try to connect a data call, the originating modem connects with a
"CONNECT 26400 RELIABLE COMPRESSED" message (I'm using Multi-Tech
2834ZDXb modems at both ends) and then aborts immediately with a
"NO CARRIER" message.  The session trace logs show that Faxgetty
starts up a getty process with a PID; however, it terminates with
an exit status of 77400.  I have set the AnswerRotary CONFIG
parameter to "data" only.  I also included the "-t 60" parameter
in the GettyArgs parameter.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd appreciate any insights you could
share.

Thanks,

Chen Coulter
software_sourcery@bigfoot.com