Re: HylaFAX RPM

In message <Pine.GSU.4.03.9809141028550.28693-100000@earhook>, Nico Kadel-Garci
a writes:

>On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Andrew Williams wrote:
>

>> I have recently d/l and installed the rpm for rh5.
>
>Which RPM? The one from Darren for v4.0pl2 is good, the v4.0pl1 RPM
>is quite fractured.

Thanks ;-) Be advised I have released a second version of the RPM, and I have
a Sparc one on the way if I can just convince ghostscript to build in order to
test ;-)

>> I'm totaly confused as to how to go about starting this fax server or
>> how to even send a simple fax.
>
>You should, perhaps, read the docs in /usr/doc/hylafax*, and
>my notes at http://cirl.meei.harvard.edu/hylafax may be of some help.
>
>You *DID* reboot or run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax start", didn't you?

The RPM does an "/etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax start" at the end of faxsetup, thanks to patches from Robert Colquhoun. It does not, however, force you to configure a modem.

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions