Re: Troubles sending TIFF document

Hi Stan,

The tiff library cannot find the jpeg library functions.

This is a problem with the original  HP-UX binary from ftp.sgi.com. Grab
the more recent version from

http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/ or
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/os/unix/networking/fax/hylafax/binary/

(The original binary was compiled with a tiff library that had the jpeg
library statically linked in - this will not work with the Interex
distributed tiff library which requires that an external jpeg library is
also present)

PS if you're compiling from source include a -ljpeg somewhere.

- Robert

At 01:11 PM 9/12/98 -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
>	I am using Hylafax on HP-UX 10.20. I have been sending PostScript and text
>	documents for a long time. Today I tried to send a tiff document and got the
>	follwing error message:
>
>	/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart (code)  from
>	/opt/tiff-3.4/lib/libtiff.sl
>	/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved module for symbol: TIFFInitJPEG (code)  from
>	/opt/tiff-3.4/lib/libtiff.sl
>	/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved module for symbol: _TIFFBuiltinCODECS (data)
from
>	/opt/tiff-3.4/lib/libtiff.sl
>	/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved module for symbol:
_TIFFSetDefaultCompressionState
>	(code)  from /opt/tiff-3.4/lib/libtiff.sl
>	Abort(coredump)
>
>	Sugestions?
>
>--
>Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com
770-996-6955
>Factory Automation Systems
>Atlanta Ga.
>--
>Windows 98: n.
>	minor patch release for 32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
>	16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit
>	microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit
>	of competition.
>-
>(c) 1998 Stan Brown.  Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions