Re: Transmit Phase B Error with WHFC

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 10:52:03 +0200
> From: Ulrich Eckhardt <Ulrich.Eckhardt@transcom.de>
> To: flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Transmit Phase B Error with WHFC
>
> Arthur Corliss wrote:
>
> > I would hazard a guess that the Windows print drivers are set, by default, to print to US letter formats, and when the server sendfax gets a page that it is told is in A4 format, it chokes.  It is only a matter of consistency, here.
>
> Hi,
>
> is a Phase B error not a problem of the modem connection ?
>
> Uli

Hey, I said it was only a guess! ;-)  It could be, but I can't see a page format screwing up a modem transmission consistently, as this does on my setups.  In regards to that, I still suspect a rendering problem, if not something flakey with Windows print
 drivers.

	--Arthur Corliss
	  Bolverk's Lair -- http://www.odinicfoundation.org/arthur/