Re: Transmit Phase B Error with WHFC

> I'm running Hylafax 4.0 on linux (2.0.35) and WHFC on the Win95-Client.
> If I start HylaFax on the server with the sendfax command, it works
> fine.  If invoked by WHFC 0.8.9  the modem dials out, but where it's
> supposed to SEND file xxx I receive a hookup signal and the
> error-message
> "Unspecified transmit phase B error"
>
>  Can anyone help please ?

Not without a lot more information, such as the a DETAILED trace of the
the conversation with the modem (as you will find in most phase B error
reports).  Also important is the precise model of modem (and if it is
a Sportster which of the Sportster firmware bug workarounds you've installed,
and for unsupported modems, the exact initialisation information).
Linux kernel versions are not particularly useful as most problems are
distribution (or library if you have a customised system) related.

Can you also confirm that you have built from source or failed to obtain
help from the supplier of the binary distribution.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions