Re: Mail to fax gateway

A low budget way that is detailed in the Hylafax docs is to do the
following:

I added this to my /etc/aliases file (if you are running sendmail):

 barrancafax: "|/usr/local/bin/faxmail -d barrancafax@9323014"

Now when I send mail to "barrancafax@myhost.com", it pipes directly to
faxmail to send the fax.

This does not require any modifications to sendmail, like the other option
does. This is high overhead though because you must pre-define anyone who
you would want to send a fax to.

Thanks, Aaron Newsome
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 shui@yxepna01.pointsnorth.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed hylafaxv4.0pl1 on a Sparc machine running Solaris 2.6.
> On the Windows98 PC client, I have installed whfc.  Everything is
> working fine.  I'm able to send fax from PC and receive fax on the
> Hylafax server.
>
> However, we need to integrate Hylafax with an application which can
> only issue email request i.e. send fax to Hylafax via email from the
> PC clients.  I read the documentation that comes with the hylafax
> binary distrbution and it mentioned something called
> faxmail/mailfax.sh-sendmail.  Where can I find it?
>
> According to the documentation, after faxmail is correctly installed,
> mail to user@dest.fax will get formatted and submitted as a fax job to
> user at the specified destination "dest".  Is it true that this email
> addressing only works if mail is sent from another Unix mail client?
> If I am sending email using the above addressing style without specifying
> the mail host, how can it tell where to send the fax to the fax server?
> I'll expect the email address should be something like :
> user@dest.fax.faxserver.com etc.
>
> Please, any advise is more than welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sandie

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions