Re: faxmail fails on mime message/rfc822

    Robert> Hi Andrew,

    Robert> At 09:59 1/09/98 +0900, Andrew S. Howell wrote: The only
    Robert> problem that I had was fclose causing a segv. When I was
    Robert> running faxmail under gdb, I did:
    Robert>
    Robert> faxmail -v < some_captured_mail.txt
    Robert>
    Robert> Looks like an bug in libgcc or somewhere. This was on
    Robert> Linux at home, while I at work I run it under SunOS
    Robert> 4.1.4. Under Linux:
    Robert>

    Robert> Almost - the bug is in textfmt it fclose()'s twice.

Robert,

	Thanks. I have not actually used faxmail on my Linux box at
home, though I use sendfax a fair bit. After my post I was trying to
figure out what difference could be between:

	cat something | faxmail

and

	faxmail <  something

There wasn't! I was doing it one way on linux and the other on
SunOS. Too late at night I guess :)

    Robert> Its because the other libc's have static array of FILE
    Robert> structs allocated when the program starts that don't get
    Robert> deleted till its finished. glibc2 allocates FILE structs
    Robert> as needed.

    Robert> There is a small patch for this at:
    Robert> http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/

Thanks, I'll apply that, and maybe the TextFmt patch to use
ghostscript Fontmap encoding. Does that mean that AFM files are not
used?

For modifying TextFmt to handle Japanese, I need to figure out some
way to determine glyph sizes. I use a patch for Ghostscript that use a
library called vflib (Vector Font library) to access Japanese True
Type fonts. I could use that directly, but then my changes would be
tied to a vflib'd Ghostscript. I'm still in the early stages of
getting to grips with this.

If your interested, see:

http://www.cit.ics.saitama-u.ac.jp/~far/howto/gs-vflib.php

For information on how to set vflib with Ghostscript

Thanks again,

	Andy

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions