sending text file

I've just installed Hylafax v4.0pl2 and trying to test it out.  I'm using
an ascii text file for my test and I'm getting this error, using the
command:  sendfax -d 7654321 filename.txt

I get this result:

Error converting data; command was "/usr/local/sbin/textfmt -B -f
Courier-Bond -p 11 -s default > /tmp//faxsnda31016 < rates.txt

 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'm guessing that its being caused by the redirected output having the
double / between /tmp   but I couldn't figure out where this directory
configuration can be changed.

Another question is, I can't get the faxgetty to work properly.  I'm using
mgetty for the setup so I don't have just plain /sbin/getty.  The hylafax
config calls for getty so I tried making a soft link pointing getty to
mgetty instead.  The problem is the modems won't connect and so the
calling system  will hang up.  However, the modem is still waiting for the
session to finish.  Running faxstat says:

 modem ttyS1:  Waiting for login session to terminate

Anybody using mgetty for hylafax?

Appreciate any suggestions.  I've searched through the FAQs and archives
but can't seem to find any thing on this.   Thanks again.

  Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we
  we do not see.  - Hebrews 11:1

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions