Re: Pb: Hylafax -rockwell Phase D error

Hi Michael,

The fax machine at the other end has replied to the page with a negative
retrain - it wants hylafax to retransmit the current page again because it
thinks there is an error in it.  There are two types of error an encoding
error and a tranmission error.  Some fax machines can tell the difference
between the two and send a retrain positive for a transmission error and a
retrain negative for an encoding error back to the sender.

When hylafax receives a retrain negative it should renegotiate down the
session parameters for the connection and try again. ie not continue to try
to send a 2D encoded fax and perhaps lower other parameters like the fax
resolution and connection speed.

Unfortunately it doesn't do this - it typically negotiates the same session
parameters again and resends the page, perhaps many times :-(

As a workaround try:
 Use2D: No
in your config file, to force hylafax to only use 1D encoding

ie You've got:
>Aug 04 14:22:40.98: [17809]: --> [22:+FDCS: 0,5,0,2,1,0,0,3]

You want:
>Aug 04 14:22:40.98: [17809]: --> [22:+FDCS: 0,5,0,2,0,0,0,3]

I have looked at fixing this in the code so that hylafax handles this
situation properly, but it is quite difficult to do - if i could find some
free time i might be able to do it ;-)

good luck - Robert

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions