Re: Rules by telephone number. . .

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 10:55:28 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu>
> To: Arthur Corliss <corliss@sinbad.net>
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Rules by telephone number. . .

> On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Arthur Corliss wrote:
>
> > Regardless of whether I select the page in tiff or ps format, I need to be able to do this according to the number it is being sent to, since there is only one number that has the one page restriction.  Any ideas?
>
> Yes. Set up a different fax print spool or pre-processing script to
> run all jobs for that or other destinations with this limit
> through. You need to do this at the pre-sendfax level, so I'd suggest
> putting a "sendfax" script in your path before the normal sendfax
> command. This script could run the phone number through dialtest, get
> the canonical phone number, check it against a list of page-limited
> destinations, then take a battle-ax to the generated TIFF (since it's
> easier in this case to work with the final files, just in case someone
> submits TIFF jobs) and send the right thing.

I'm using whfc on the Windows boxes, so I'm not sure how I'll accomplish this.

> Alternatively, set up a print spool for that program that
> automatically strips all but the first page, and print all the outputs
> from that brain-dead program through that print spool before
> submission to HylaFAX.

I've thought about setting up a what appears to be a dedicated printer for this fax number through Samba, but this appears to be a tricky thing to pull off.  I'll have to do some research.

> > <G> That doesn't bode well, eh? ;-)
>
> Let me know: if you'd like, I'm also available as a tele-consultant
> for minor projects.
>
> Now, if I can work out the routing on my new Linux box at home to see
> my Ethernet card and the modem....
>
> 			Nico Garcia
> 			Senior Engineer, CIRL
> 			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
> 			raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu

<G>  That's something I *do* have worked out at home, one box IP masquerading for all the other computers on the lan, sharing the ppp link setup on the modem.  Let me know if there's any tips I can share.

	--Arthur Corliss
	  "Live Free or Die--the Only Way to Live" (NH State Motto)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions