-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mike Bristow [mailto:michaelb@bessie.mojo.org]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 29. Juli 1998 11:18
An: flexfax@sgi.com
Betreff: Re: AW: flexfax: Problems submitting very large Number of jobs
se quen tial ly

On Wed, Jul 29, 1998 at 09:01:01AM +0200, Christoph Stotz wrote:
> Thank you for your posting. I have a few Questions about it:
>
> How can I use "btrees" for my big directories under Linux ?

Wait untill the code to do this is written (it's being worked on IIRC).
It might be in 2.3.

> May I delete the info/* files after every faxmailing and will I
improve
> speed in this way ?

I doubt it, as the info files aren't looked at _that_ much, also you
will have problems  with large directrories elsewhere in the system, eg
in the docq, sendq etc, which are probably irmpacting performance
harder.

How big is your info directory?  How many files are in it?

> Why should I programm a Queue-Controller for the Queue-Controller ?
> Writing for
> "nr_fax_in_queue<modems+x" seems to me the job of faxq...

Absolutly.  A quick hack solutions (and tailing xferlog counts IMHO)
is a reasonable short term solution.

Unfortunatly, until I fix my computer at home I'm not going to be a
position to look at the code in any depth and fix the problem
``properly'' - however, there are people here who are better
C++ programmers than me, and thus better able to decide what a
``proper'' fix would be.  [ not hard, I admit, to be a better C++
programmer than me ]

--
"Virgin Trains: It's quicker by balloon."
	-- Peter Corlett

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions