Re: faxgetty dying (solved 2nd third)

Hello, i wrote:

On 07/28/1998 14:35 +0200, Toni Mueller (support-hylafax@oeko.net) wrote:
> "the document conversion script was not found". From the FAQ I know that
> this should mean that ps2fax can not be found, but quite the contrary
> is the case, I also get the debugging output I implanted into this
> script. So the script runs, gs is of the right kind (and there), the
> supporting files are there, what gives?

this has now turned into "cant reopen document" as described in the
troubleshooting page. However, when implanting more debugging code into
ps2fax.gs _and_ listing the corresponding files in docq, I see that
these are generated with a GID of CONFIG_MAXGID and a 660 mode. The
directory isn't world readable anyway, and a chgrp uucp $out at the
bottom of ps2fax.gs didn't help anything. The intermediate file that
is generated by gs doesn't exist anyway shortly after the script exits.

The script itself runs as uucp, so the documents _should_ be readable.

BTW, this all is still on Linux 2.0.33 and v4.0beta023, regarding the
latest of all those "changes" pages.

Any ideas, please?

Regards,

Toni.

--------					NIC: TM2155
Oeko.neT Mueller & Brandt GbR 			sales: info@oeko.net
v: +49 2261 979364 f: +49 2261 979366		http://www.oeko.net
Unix, networking, administration, consulting, programming, Internet services

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions