Re: Sending to a line shared between voice and fax

Hello,

On 07/28/1998 13:01 -0500, Ronald Greenberg (rig@math.luc.edu) wrote:
> this line before by putting paper into an ordinary fax machine, but when
> I send something via sendfax, I get a response of "No carrier
> detected".  Can I change the outcome by altering the line in
> /usr/spool/fax/etc/config.cua0
> that says
>
> ModemDialCmd:                DT%s@           # T for tone dialing, @ for
> silence
>
> or by adding some codes to the phone number used in the sendfax
> command?  Please CC me on any responses to the mailing list, because I

in theory yes, imho. Using modem settings it should be very possible to
tweak the code to do almost anything... eg you may want to enable blind
dialing and also set the modem to assume carrier is always on. AT<something>,
have a look at your modem manual. Of course this eliminates your chance
to identify a call to a real phone.

Perhaps you just have a way to increase the time you wait for carrier
for some 20 seconds to get past the initial voice message played by the
remote fax machine, but I didn't find that in the documentation.

Regards,

Toni.

--------					NIC: TM2155
Oeko.neT Mueller & Brandt GbR 			sales: info@oeko.net
v: +49 2261 979364 f: +49 2261 979366		http://www.oeko.net
Unix, networking, administration, consulting, programming, Internet services

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions