Re: configure question - new setup

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Michael Blaustein wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to configure hylafx (4.0p12-1) on linux (2.0.34), and I'm
> > sorry to say I'm having some basic difficulties that reading the manuals
> > has not cleared up for me (because I'm new to linux and communications
> > software?).  Please help if you are willing.
> >
> > I start hfaxd, then faxgetty.
>
> Did you run faxsetup, and do you have faxq running?

Yes, and yes;  I still get messages from faxgetty that the modem can't be
initialized and appears to be "wedged" and faxstat can't connect (does
this indicate a problem with my network setup, which includes only the
loopback interface?)

I've read most of the documentation adn still don't have a clue how to
troubleshoot.

Thanks for any advice

Michael Blaustein
mblauste@capaccess.org