Least Cost Routing for Call-by-Call Provider

Hello !

A long time here in Germany there was only one Provider for
Telecommunications. Since the beginning of the
Year this changed (Thank you God!). Now there are about 40-50 Providers,
every one with diffrent costs.

Now I want to realize a "Least Cost Routing" for faxes. In relation to
the time of the day and to the "type"
of the day (Sunday, Chrismas etc.), I want to choose a diffrent Provider
by using a diffrent Call-by-Call prefix.

Is it possible to pass the number before it is send in the dialstring to
a batch-programm which returns a
"translated" number without touching job parameters ? The translation
has to be made in the moment of
sending, not at the moment of submitting.

I believe that realizing the LCR-Function in a separate Program is a
good idea in order to use it with other
packages. But where in the hylafax sourcecodes must the function be
called ? and how ? (I´m not a C-Programmer).

Any help appreciated.

Best Regards,

Christoph Stotz
logo: GmbH