Re: Mailing from another system to hylafax server

> When I send mail from the local system to user@5551212.fax it works great.
>
> But, how can I send mail to my fax server from another system?
>
> If I try to mail to: user@5551212.crncare.org it bounces back with user unknown! Which makes sense!

[Re- wrapping to internet standards ]

* If I try to mail to: user@5551212.crncare.org it bounces back with user
* unknown! Which makes sense!

> Is the trick to setup another domain called fax.crncare.org ?

No.  The correct solution is to configure all the other MTAs which need
this capability, so that they route the fax domain via the machine that
can handle .fax addresses.  The chances are that it would be sensible
to make this a smart host machine, anyway, so it might be sufficient to
just add CPfax on the other machines.  However, you could also add
a rule.  Look at the logic for BITNET in the macro generated code to see
how this is done.  (Define BITNET_RELAY, and compare the before and after
generated code.)

There are address structuring hacks to force routing, but I don't want to
expand on these here as the anti-spam logic you have may not protect against
all of them.

> here is a copy of sendmail.cf file
                            .mc

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions