Re: hfaxd won't start

Nico-

  Just a final note in case you are curious.  I was able to get HylaFAX
to work perfectly by simply creating the dev/null entry as root with
mknod.  Everything else worked fine.  So the compilation was not
necessarily the issue.
  I cannot determine why the server fails to create the dev/null file
since it is able to make dev/tcp and dev/socksys.  My limitted
programming ability cannot determine why the source code might fail to
work.
  Look at line 98 of hfaxd/main.c++ to see where the special file is
created if missing.

Anyhow, I am happy that all works well.  Thanks for all your help.

Tony

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions