Re: Non english chars in faxcover

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

> Leonardo Solorzano wrote:

[...]
> > However, I have an inconvenience.  Because our language is Spanish, we
> > need to print the following Spanish chars:
> >
> > αινσϊόρΡ
> >
> > The problem is because the faxcover program pass the chars in its
> > arguments unmodified to the postscript file it generates, but in order
> > to be correctly displayed, the postscript file need to represent these
> > special chars in octal format, like \363 for σ (o acute) for example.
> > This is what I think is the problem.
> >
> > Perhaps some Postscript procedure, or some changes in the faxcover
> > program, can correct the problem.
>
> Hi,
>
> WHFC currently does not convert national characters to the correct
> postscript code, so it's not possible to use the special characters.

Try to make your faxcover with latex-cover; it should work! (I didn't see
any problem like the one you describe since I first installed hylafax a
couple of years ago). I only have to mention a small problem you can get
into if you use Macs too: since Macintosh's charset is not an
extended iso-latin-1 like windows', you have to remap the chars in the
preamble of the generated postscript file (I'm unsure if latex-cover now
comes with my ugly patch to this end, or not)

Yours

lorenzo

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions