Re: WinFax Pro

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

> On 22 May, Cliff Cyphers wrote:
> > Nico Garcia wrote:

> >> WHFC, available at www.transcom.de
> >>

> > WinFax is a commercial FAX package for Windows 95.  I have user
> > that want to use WinFax.  They do not want to switch to WHFC.  So
> > does anyone know if what I'm asking is possible?
>
> WinFAX is a commercial FAX package for Windows which sends FAXes via a
> local modem.
>
> If they wanna use a real FAX server (like HylaFAX), then they have to
> use a client program for that server (like WHFC).
>
> I don't see what the difference between WHFC and WinFAX is besides some
> interface differences.  In both cases, you just print, and fill in the
> phone number...
>
> --
> Aidan Van Dyk
> aidan@ottawa.com

Yes, but ACT! has hooks to be able to use WinFAX.. And WinFAX has a
server mode available to it.  Which makes his question a good one.
At one time I tried WinFAX PRO, and thought about doing up a spoofing
program for HylaFAX, but didn't ever get the time.

Bill Suetholz

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions