Re: Special wish for "Distinctive Ring support"

Dirk Traenapp wrote:

    Hello everybody,

    i am new to this list so foregive me if i am asking something old i
    have not found so far.

    To my problem: I'm trying to use Hylafax 4.0pl1 with an external
    ISDN-Adapter (ELSA TLV34/ISDN). Without any special configuration for
    the modem everyting works fine (only a few changes to the
    config-file). One nice function of the modem is that it can show the
    phonenumber which it picked up. With that feature it will be possible
    to realize fax-support for dedicated parties in our company with only
    one modem. Sounds nice but has a big problem:

    The modem can show that number either at RING-time or at
    CONNECT-time. The string will look like this:

    RING;CALLER-NUMBER;CALLED(MY)-NUMBER

    or

    CONNECT;CALLER-NUMBER;CALLED(MY)-NUMBER

Does the "or" mean that the additional information come randomly
with the RING or the CONNECT message or do you have it unter
control? If the latter is true you should enable it for the
CONNECT message and it may work out of the box. If not check
the source in faxd/ for it.

BTW: the ZyXEL 2864I modem/TA hybrid has the same feature but
send it as RING\r\nFM:<calling party number>TO:<called party number>\r\n
which works fine with faggetty(1M).

    When i tell the modem to do that, hylafax isn't answering the phone
    anymore, because it doesn't look like RING anymore. So what can i do?

    I am not afraid of changing the sourcecode but i need to know where
    to look/change (not exactly the line but nearly what part...).

    I read about "distinctive ring support". Is it possible to use that
    feature for that?

Yes, but it's better to have the information in the CONNECT
message to pick it up from the session log (and not the server
log) in the hook in faxrcvd(1M) script.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions