Re: PPP and HylaFAX

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Libes Maurice [Service Informatique C.O.M] wrote:

> > > I maybe stupid (yep I  asked this one already here :), but how can I configure my server as a dial in host for PPP?
> > >
> > > I need to set up a modem wich is able to send out faxes when available and can receive only incomming data (PPP) calls.
> > >
> > > Now I configured pppd as the getty, I specified the necessary arguments for pppd in the GettyArgs value, but I can't make it work :(((
> > >
> > > What options can I give in the modembased config file to let the faxgetty start pppd (or the getty) by default for any inbound job?
> >
> > In combination with mgetty it works fine.
>
> i have the same problem than early described...
> do you mean that we can just replace the faxgetty daemon, by mgetty?
> i mean mgetty will do the same than faxgetty? in order to answer modem calls

No, you can't. You have to start faxgetty and faxgetty starts mgetty if it
detects an incoming data-call.

mfG,
	Carsten Hoeger
------
Carsten Hoeger  - S.u.S.E. GmbH -  Gebhardtstr. 2  -  90762 Fuerth  -  Germany
fax +49-911-3206727                                     web http://www.suse.de
------

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions