Re: WHFC 0.8.7 and dial-strings

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Andreas Busse <ab@ivm.net>
An: Ulrich Eckhardt <uli@transcom.de>
Datum: Mittwoch, 22. April 1998 22:47
Betreff: Re: flexfax: WHFC 0.8.7 and dial-strings

>On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
>

>> i have implemented some checking of valid dial strings in
>> the 0.8.7. Is a minus sign a valid dial string ?

The minus sign is definitely a valid character in a dial string.
Your program should accept anything that can be converted into a correct dial string by dialrules.
On my system (slightly hacked etc/dialrules) the following characters work:
1-9, a-z, A-Z,-,/,+, and whitespace.

BTW: Has anybody got an idea how to make parentheses work? In Germany, a common way
to write phone numbers is "(xxxxx) yyyy", where xxxxx is the area code.
The dialtest program isn't able to handle this because it always treats ")" as the end of the input string.

    Alexandre

---
Alexandre Meissonnier
Dohle Handelsgruppe Systemberatung GmbH