Re: WHFC 0.8.7

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

Shuvam Misra wrote:

> | Andreas Busse <ab@ivm.net> wrote:
> |
> | : meanwhile I found that this was a printer driver problem. The
> | : windows driver for the HP prefixes a non-postscript line to
> | : the document which probably confuses hylafax.
> | : Now I'm using the QMS PS420 driver which generates pure
> | : postscript. However, it's still not working, but with
> | : different errors:
> |
> | I think the recommended driver is the Apple LaserWriter...
>
> I think Uli, the author of WHFC, recommends the HP LJ 4/4M with PS.
> However, I too have faced problems with that driver because of the
> non-PS first few lines that I usually get. This has also affected the
> Perl-script that runs as a Samba printer driver and receives PS output
> from the Windows machine to queue on Hylafax.
>
> Shuvam

Hi,

currently i recommend the Apple LaserWriter. The HP LJ4/4M should
be used only when there are Problems with the Apple driver. It looks
like that there are problems with the Apple driver and MS-Office 97 and
pictures (but not on all systems). I will update the installation
instructions and the FAQ a bit about this topic.

Uli

--
Ulrich Eckhardt       http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
Signalgroßtat des wu-ftpd 2,4 (unvollständig?)

--
Ulrich Eckhardt       http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli
Signalgroßtat des wu-ftpd 2,4 (unvollständig?)
Cgi-Sicherheitsbohrung in EWS (regen Sie für Webservers auf)
[Translation from an english text to german by AltaVista]

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions