Re: Re: A clue: mailer died with signal 13

Robert Colquhoun <rjc@trump.net.au> wrote:

: Firstly for hylafax, i think the following lines in util/TextFmt.c++ should
: be changed from:
: (starting line 322)
:
: if (fclose(tf))
:         fatal("%s: Close failure on temporary file: %s",
:             (const char*) tempfile, strerror(errno));
: emitTrailer();
:
:
: if (fclose(tf))
:         fatal("%s: Close failure on temporary file: %s",
:             (const char*) tempfile, strerror(errno));
: tf = NULL;
: emitTrailer();

I agree, this will prevent fclose() to be called from TextFmt's
destructor with an invalid stream. So, faxmail won't crash anymore.

: I have a current patch for textfmt, that i hope will make it into pl3, i
: can easily add the lines above to fix the problem.

Is anybody working on pl3? When should we expect it?

: I also checked on redhat 5.0 with both glib-2.0.5 and glib-2.0.7, core
: dumped on both ;-)

Great, it's nice to hear I'm not the only one ;-)

: PS I cc'ed this to the mailing list.

Good. Someone in the list told me that in the past several people have
suffered from the "mailer died with signal 13" problem.

: PPS On a completely different subject, your running a debian system aren't
: you? does it have the /dev/cua* devices present.

Yup, I run Debian, the best Linux distribution out there ;-)

And no, Debian does not have the /dev/cua* devices present, only the
ttyS*.

: Thanks - Robert

Thank you for helping me to track this down and for the C++ lessons.

Regards,

E.-

P.S. And now, I'll go a recompile faxmail with the patch applied :-)

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions