Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

> | We were seeing errors like this when the volume of FAXing got
> | to a critical point.  The system didn't have enough memory,
> | so it started to thrash horribly.  Response time went through
> | the roof, let alone the time to run a ghostscript process.
> | Solution was to add another 16MB of memory.
>
> I am handling only one modem using my very-lightly-loaded P133 system
> with 32MB RAM. There's no possibility of thrashing at all.

Hi, it's me again.

I had a thought..., why not try running the modem in Class 1 mode
for a while.  If you have the horsepower in your box, then it
should be able to run in Class 1 with few problems.

Humm, on second thoughts, that won't clearly identify what I
thought it would, that the modem's Class 2 implementation is broken..
since it is running different code in HylaFax.

BUT, it would give some new statistics FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENT that we
can use a a baseline and make some comparisons.

What do you think?

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions