Re: Permissions question

> 	I just added a new machine to my network. I automounted lot's of /opt
> 	executable directories including hylafax from anothe machine of the
> 	same architecture.
>
> 	Now when I do sendfax from this machie, I get prompted for a password.
> 	Clearly this is an rhosts typ of problem, but which user should have
> 	the new achine in it .rhosts file to allow hylafax to work? sendfax
> 	seems to be owned by root.

Just a word of warning, DO NOT NFS mount the /var/spool/fax/ directory tree.

Or at least, the FIFO's, and the dev directory may cause problems if you do
that.

You really only need to install the "client" software, and set your FAXSERVER
( I'm not 100 % sure that is correct ) to point at the system with the modem(s)
on it.

Good Luck,
--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions