Re: TPC-OPER: Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

| Yes, it is a harsh statement.  I have very intimate personal experience
| with them in a "high use" environment.  I am a volunteer for a Unix Users
| group in Calgary here.  When the internet first really got going, we installe
| 80-100 USR Sportsters for our dial in pool.
|
| Another ISP in Calgary installed about 120 ( we shared office space at the
| time ).
|
| THEY caused no end of grief, trying to serve about 600 members, and that was
| all DATA use.

I've see very negative reports about Sportsters in India. I'm told
they're the #1 modem in the US. In India, a lot of ZyXEL sales come from
people who have tried saving money by buying a Dataport or a Sportster
as their first modem. :)

Sportsters are definitely not to be used for serious use. Individual
home users who can afford to waste time can use them. The point is that
they are poor in handling noisy lines or other deviations from narrow
limits of parameters.

Shuvam

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions