Re: sendfax works - faxmail and other frontends don't !!!

Nico Garcia wrote:

> [skipped]
> There are some significant tweaks needed to compile: I've got a list
> of (IMHO) convenient patches, in:
>         http://cirl.meei.harvard.edu/~raoul/patches/
>
> along with a config.linux for RedHat.
	Hi all. As I see You make some great things to merge RedHat 5.0 and
HylaFAX. I have some problems with tag line. Sam tells about this:
>     Hi!
>
>     Im running hylafax 3.0pl0 on a Linux 1.2.13 system, and it's working fairly
>     OK. But I have a small problem with the taglines supported by hylafax.
>
>     All non-ASCII (in my case all the Nordic characters) get replaced by empty
>     spaces. I've tried several different .pcf fonts, with the same result.
...have the same problem...

>     Is this a known problem - and - is there a workaround? The tagline is quite
>     important to me, as I use it to identify the receiver of my fax!
>
> The tagline imaging code just uses the PCF encoding array to select a
> glyph.  If you're having problems they are probably related to the the
> content of the font and not something that HylaFAX is doing (e.g.
> stripping out non-ASCII text).  Try using tagtest(1M) to come up with
> an example of your problem that can be used for debugging.

and...
>         Sam
> Internationalization support is based on the POSIX setlocale
> functionality.  If your system does not support it then you won't have
> support for anything but 7-bit ASCII.  Since you say nothing about your
> environment, version of HylaFAX, etc. etc...
>
>     Sam
	So what I must do with RedHat for supporting more than '7-bit ASCII'? I
compiled locale support with localedef and export LANG=lt_LT. No
results... First of all I thought, that main reason of this is WHFC
client. To ensure I make slightly modified tagtest, witch put some
extended characters on tag line. The line witch formats 'sender' now
looks like:
fxStr   sender("Kestas \128\129\130\131\132\133\134\135");
                ^^^^^^ All these looks OK
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^All these are
skipped
(sorry... My first program in C++ :-))

> Works fine for me....
...it's my dream...