Re: etc/hosts Permissions

Your date is a year out, I only found this in my trawl of the bottom of
the mailbox for misdated mail.

> I have etc/hosts owned by fax and set to mode 0600. When i attempt to
> send a fax with sendfax or login while connected to hfaxd with the
> "user" command i get access denied message and this in my log:
> 'HylaFAX[2959]: Unable to open the user access file
> /etc/hosts:Permission denied'

The usual reason for this is confusing /etc/hosts with
/var/spool/fax/etc/hosts, where the /var/spool/fax is system dependent.
Which did you mean by etc/hosts?  (NB, the error message is issued after
a chroot /var/spool/fax.)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions