Passwd problem

I am having an old passwd problem with hylafaxv4.0p1. I was able to configure,
compile and install hylafax on my Sparc workstation running Solaris2.5 with
NIS+. I didn't touch the spool/etc/hosts file, so it should work for anybody
on the local machine without passwd.

But when I try to send a fax, it prompted me for passwd. It didn't get me
through through no matter what I feed it with (including root passwd).
Then I tried faxstat and got the same  result. To make it more strange,
I tried "telnet localhost hylafax" with the "user" command, it let me in.

I looked over the mailing-list archives. This question was asked in several
places but no answer was there. I am wondering why it is not in the FAQ?

I am so hopeless about this passwd thing, please help.

Thanks
Yansheng

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions