Re: Landscape mode documents

> was installed from a binary distribution.  Most everything seemed to
> work but then I tried sending a certain postscript document to a
> regular(local)fax machine as a test.  It failed after three tries and
> the fax machine complained about an error.  The reason for the failure
> was not reported by the email message so I checked the log file:
>
>  Client does not support document page width, max remote page
>  width 1728 pixels, image width 2244 pixels
>
> At that point I realized that the source document (from MacDraw Pro)
> was in landscape format.  Is there a (easy) way to "rotate" a
> document once it's in ps format?  Is there a way to detect the situation
> and automatically correct it?  Thanks for your help.

Get a copy of The Postscript Language Reference Manual and look at the
rotate and translate operators.  I think you want 572 0 translate -90
rotate, but I may have some signs wrong and the 572 is an approximation
(you can actually do everything with translate).  At the end of the
prolog, or, if for individual pages, after the initial save for each page,
should do.

However, I think the document is probably broken, as it seems to be
assuming a printer that can physically feed landscape paper.  Normally the
page would be set with a Document Structuring Convention comment saying
it was Landscape, but already transformed to fit portrait fed paper.

You could probably autodetect with a small postscript fragment, but that
would take me some time to research in the book.

I think there may be rotating tools listed in the comp.sources.postscript FAQ.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions