Re: which system type?

Rob Menke wrote:

    The GNU canonical system type for Solaris x86 under a Pentium is
    i586-unknown-solaris2.5.1, if I remember correctly (we don't have one here at
    work, but my home machine is running 2.5.1 under an x86). Whether or not HylaFAX
    is able to deal with that system type is a different matter.

    (The config.guess that comes with HylaFAX is about three years old... before the
    arrival of the x86 and PowerPC editions of Solaris, or the Pentium for that
    matter.  Might be time to consider an upgrade.)

I've just tested a 1996 version of GNU config.guess by modifying
it to set the values from the original eMail, e.g.:

UNAME_MACHINE=`(uname -m) 2>/dev/null` || UNAME_MACHINE=unknown
UNAME_RELEASE=`(uname -r) 2>/dev/null` || UNAME_RELEASE=unknown
UNAME_SYSTEM=`(uname -s) 2>/dev/null`  || UNAME_SYSTEM=unknown
UNAME_VERSION=`(uname -v) 2>/dev/null` || UNAME_VERSION=unknown

UNAME_MACHINE=i86pc
UNAME_SYSTEM="SunOS 5.5.1"
UNAME_RELEASE=Generic

but it still exits with 1;

Do you have better version of config.guess? Thx in advance.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions