Re: Unspecified Transmit Phase B error

Administrator wrote:

> I am trying to send a fax for a 3 days - unsuccessfully! It becomed
> frustrating so I decied to ask for help.
>
> My configuration is: Hylafax 4.0p11, gcc v2.7, Linux, US Robotics
> Sportster voice 33.6 Faxmodem, Ghostscript 2.6.2 (with tiffg3 driver
> installed).
>
> I installed Hylafax software, got hfaxd and faxq running. Problem is
> when I try to send a fax with send fax. Modem calls then number, begins
> to open then connection and then disconnect the line. I got the message
> in the xferlog file: UNSPECIFIED TRANSMIT PHASE B ERROR.

I know how you feel..., I have a similar problem. I hate the Sportster
voice 33.6. The only way I solved this problem is by changing the modem.
I replaced it with another USR (no voice) with identical IRQ and COM
settings and... it starts to work normally. From that experience, the
problem seems to be with the voice part of this modem. Is there a way to
completely disable the voice mode on a USR modem?

Good luck!
--

Yves Trudeau, Ph. D.
Jyrmatec Inc.