Annoying problem with USRobotics Sportster Voice 33.6

Hi, there!

I have a USRobotics Sportster Voice 33.6 Modem. Unlike all other
modems I had this one doesn't recognize when my phone line is in use
and tries to dial out (wether in fax-mode or with uucp) and will
interrupt my converstation :-(. Normally a modem should get an 'ERR'
message if someone is using the line. - Does anyone know a solution?

Just FYI: My modem has a German Telekom certification. This is
sometimes a problem, but the modems that got this 'ERR' message where
also certificated.

	Yours, Christoph.
                        _
Christoph Lange         T ___