Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:02:11 -0800
From: John Conover <john@johncon.johncon.com>
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: flexfax: faxgetty not re-initializing
Sender: owner-flexfax@celestial.com

I just upgraded to hylafax-v4.0pl1 on linux-2.0.30, and faxgetty will
not re-initialize the modem after sending a fax. I can uucp/pppd, both
I/O, and faxgetty will re-initialize the modem when the line is dropped,
and it re-initializes the modem after a fax is received. Just not after
sending a fax. Anyone know what I might start looking at?

	Thanks,

	John

/etc/services looks like:

    hylafax 4559/tcp # HylaFAX client-server protocol
    snpp    444/tcp  # Simple Network Paging Protocol

/etc/inetd.conf looks like:

    hylafax stream tcp nowait fax /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/local/bin/hfaxd hfaxd -I

/etc/inittab looks like:

    d3:345:respawn:/usr/bin/nice -20 /usr/local/bin/faxgetty cua1

/etc/rc.d/rc.local looks like:

    /usr/local/bin/faxq

I tried things without the nice -20 and without /usr/sbin/tcpd, but to
no avail. After sending a fax, if I kill faxgetty, things will work
fine, until I send another fax. After the fax is sent, TR is low, and
the modem lights don't dance with the initialization. Config.cua1 is
attached, which worked fine under the previous version of HylaFAX.

--

John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602

# $Id: usr-rts,v 1.6 1996/06/24 02:58:43 sam Rel $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#
# Configuration for using the Class 1 command interface with
# a USR Courier or Sportster modem and RTS/CTS flow control.
#
CountryCode:		1
AreaCode:		408
FAXNumber:		+1.408.379.9602
LongDistancePrefix:	1
InternationalPrefix:	011
DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:		1
SessionTracing:		11
RecvFileMode:		0666
LogFileMode:		0666
DeviceMode:		0666
RingsBeforeAnswer:	1
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-h %l F38400 vt100"
LocalIdentifier:	+14083799602
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
PercentGoodLines:	50
MaxConsecutiveBadLines:	100
MaxRecvPages:		100
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class1		# use class 1 interface
ModemRate:		38400		# max rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# hardware flow control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	ATS13=1&D2	# setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# setup so DCD reflects carrier (or not)
ModemNoFlowCmd:		AT&H0&I0&R1	# setup modem for no flow control
ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&H1&I0&R2	# setup modem for hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&H2&I2&R1	# setup modem for software flow control
ModemResultCodesCmd:	ATQ0X4		# enable result codes
#
ModemMfrQueryCmd:	!USR
ModemModelQueryCmd:	ATI3
ModemRevQueryCmd:	ATI7		# XXX, returns a multi-line result
#
# When AT+FCLASS=1 is issued the modem automatically switches
# to software flow control; these parameters let the fax software
# reset flow control as needed after entering Class 1.
#
Class1NFLOCmd:		AT&H0&I0&R1	# setup modem for no flow control
Class1HFLOCmd:		AT&H1&I0&R2	# setup modem for hardware flow control
Class1SFLOCmd:		""		# modem does this automatically
#
# The remainder of this configuration is included so that the
# modem "idles" in Class 1 while not sending or receiving facsimile.
#
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1+FCLASS=1&H1&I0&R2&A0&S1	# leave modem in class 1
ModemAnswerCmd:		AT+FAA=1+FCLASS=1&H1&I0&R2&A0&S1A	# force RTS/CTS after change to fax mode
ModemAnswerDataCmd:	AT&F1S2=255S7=90S13=1S19=90&A0&D2&S1E1M0A	# force reset after change to data mode
ModemWaitForConnect:	yes	# wait for CONNECT on answer

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions