Re: Mail Gateway problems

At 10:50 21/11/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Phil,
>	I did as you said, I send the message to user@16174555288.FAX on
>the Fax server system, but it still doesn't fax..
>[snip]
>This is what I added to my sendmail.cf file:
>
>######################################
>###   Ruleset 0 -- Parse Address   ###
>######################################
>
>S0
>
># # forward FAX messages to HylaFAX software
>R$+<@$+.FAX>    $#fax $@ $2 $: $1                       user@host.FAX
>
>[snip-ola]

Well my sendmail.cf says different :

#
#  # resolve fake top level domains by forwarding to other hosts
#  R$+< @ $+ .FAX. >		$#fax $@ $2 $: $1	user@host.FAX
#

But you have to be ever so careful with this file because spaces and tabs do
make a difference. Much better to amend the m4 macro file, which is probably
called metwest.mc on your machine and then regenerate the sendmail.cf file
from it.

If you need more help with this, there are full-ish instructions at :
		http://www.elgro.demon.co.uk/hylafax/faxgateway.php

BTW, and it's a silly question, but have you remembered the
/usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax script?

Good Luck,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.