Re: Fax != uucp

> > On my system though, I can't set the UID of "fax" to that of "uucp".
> >
> > Is this really important?
>
> Yes, it is. What you've got to do is to twiddle /etc/passwd so that
> the uids are the same, and then also look at /tcb/files/auth/f/fax
> and alter the u_id# entry so that it matches uucp's (which should be 5
> on SCO OS 5.0.x).
>
> Then run `/tcb/bin/authck -av' just to make sure everything's ok with
> the tcb subsystem.

Has anyone looked at the implications (or difficulty) of just changing
the name 'fax' as used internally by HylaFax to 'uucp' so this
wouldn't be an issue?  If you don't use uucp, it might be confusing
to see the name as the owner of files and processes, but if you
do, one or the other ends up being wrong any way you look at it.

  Les Mikesell
    les@mcs.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions