Re: Re: HylaFAX

Ramana Juvvadi wrote:

    Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de writes:

     > Letting the thing go on with an invalid uid for "fax" will lead
     > to problems in HylaFAX which most of the Linux users don't understand
     > and could not resolve. The bottom line of this fault (not running

    I am not advocating people not to run faxsetup. They are supposed
    to run faxsetup after installing the rpm. The rpm adds the user fax
    so that most people don't have any problems during faxsetup.
    As you know the faxsetup linux script for adding a user is broken.

Until now I only tested *modifying* an existing user "fax"
with the faxsetup(1M) script and there is a bug in the Linux's
moduser(1M) command (returning 12 in case the HOME allready
exist). If there is a problem in *adding* a user too, please let
me know the details or post a fix (e.g. a change for the script
sbin/faxsetup.linux).

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions